Dear eta Students and Staff
Communication 2: Managing COVID-19 at eta College
Communication 1 was sent to students and staff on Friday 13th March. This is communication 2 which is being sent on Monday 16th March.
We promised to communicate with everyone with updated information regarding management of safety in terms of COVID – 19 and preventing the spread of the disease.
In the context of the declaration of a national disaster by President Cyril Ramaphosa, we will take the following steps:
1. eta Campuses will close to all students on Wednesday 18 March 2020 for an extended Easter break and will re-open to students on Tuesday 14 April 2020.
2. Should there be new announcements from the President’s office that cause us to remain closed after the 14th April, students will learn remotely/online with the assistance of their campus faculty. We will communicate to everyone about this should it need to happen.
3. A detailed online teaching guide will be sent to all Faculty to assist with this online teaching process
4. Any short courses that were planned between 18 March and 14 April will be postponed to a later date, to be advised.
5. If any activities were planned at a campus level, between now and the 14th April, and need to be changed, this must be communicated by the campus manager to their students and staff.
We will continue to update all staff and students via our website and eta Connect.
(National Operations Manager)