eta College is a Yoga Alliance registered RYT200 yoga school. This means your yoga qualification, RYT200, is recognised globally. Additionally, the eta course is recognised by the Register for Exercise Professionals South Africa (REPSSA).
Therefore, you get the dual benefit of a Yoga Alliance RYT200 qualification and a qualification from a legitimate, internationally accredited education institution. It also means you can further your education because you studied through a registered and accredited academic institution. On top of this you can gain visibility across Yoga Alliance’s directories and platforms and join a community where you can network, share ideas and establish important professional relationships.
Yoga Teacher (RT200) is a Yoga Alliance accredited learning programme which gives you an industry recognised certification. Yoga Alliance is an international body representing certified and registered yoga teachers as well as accrediting yoga schools. It is an international accrediting body which means that this qualification enables graduates to work anywhere in the world.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Apply knowledge of anatomy and physiology to yoga classes
• Understand the fundamentals and principles of yoga
• Plan yoga classes, demonstrating knowledge of yoga poses, cautions and teaching points
• Demonstrate knowledge of the traditional physical and mental discipline of yoga
• Explain energy anatomy and physiology
• Describe the elements involved in teaching a yoga asana class
• Demonstrate knowledge of yoga asana techniques andteaching methodology
• Instruct yoga classes using appropriate communication methods to teach and modify yoga poses
This course gives you the conceptual knowledge and applied skills to work as a yoga teacher. Once qualified, you can work in a range of yoga facilities or yoga studios, offering a range of yoga classes. The course provides you with current and well-researched education in exercise science along with the applied knowledge needed to take up work as a yoga teacher.
Module 1: Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise Instructors
Module 2: Lead and Instructing Yoga
Module 3: Yoga Teacher Training
You need to have successfully completed Grade 12 and achieved your National Senior Certificate with a minimum overall pass rate of 30-39%.