This personal trainer course will give you the knowledge and skills to launch your career as a personal trainer. Our personal trainer certificate is an accredited qualification which is recognised by the Register of Exercise Professionals in South Africa (REPSSA). Once qualified, you can work in a range of facilities, gyms or leisure centres, offering one-on-one training to your clients or exercise sessions to small groups.
If you complete additional short courses, you can offer your clients more options and enhance your employment prospects. Short courses include Pilates, Yoga, Aerobics, Step and Tone and Indoor Cycling.
Upfront (Campus & Online)R9 950Inclusive of registration fee Payment due prior to course commencement
This qualification is registered on the NQF at level 5 and is 86 credits. It is quality assured by CATHSSETA as mandated by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO). The programme is delivered through mixed-mode which combines contact in the form of seminars and workshops plus self-study. The duration of this learning programme is approximately nine months. Students can also study through eta Distance Learning.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Apply anatomical and biomechanical principles to physical activity
• Apply principles of sport and exercise physiology
• Design exercise programmes
• Conduct a screening procedure
• Test and evaluate health related fitness
• Promote an awareness of nutritional principles
• Instruct exercise to individuals and groups
• Motivate and encourage participation in physical activity
• Operate professionally in a sport, recreation or fitness environment
• Supervise the use of a fitness facility and equipment
• Maintain a fitness environment and equipment
• Provide for safety & risk management in sport, fitness or recreation
• Apply entrepreneurship to the administration of a fitness business
This course gives you the conceptual knowledge and applied skills to work as a personal trainer. Once qualified, you can work in a range of facilities, gyms or leisure centres, offering one-on-one training to your clients or exercise sessions to small groups. The course provides you with current and well-researched education in exercise science along with the applied knowledge needed to take up work immediately.
Module 1: Kinesiology
Module 2: Exercise Science
Module 3: Nutrition
Module 4: Assessment and Testing
Module 5: Exercise Programme Design and Implementation
Module 6: Fitness Facility Orientation and Supervision
Module 7: Lead Exercise Sessions
Module 8: Safety and Risk Management
Module 9: Fitness Business Management
You need to have access to a BP cuff & stethoscope, skinfold callipers & a tape measure. We advised that you purchase one and can offer advice on providers.
You need to have successfully completed Grade 12 and achieved your National Senior Certificate with a minimum overall pass rate of 30-39%.
Also offered via Distance Learning
Corporate Wellness consultant