Strømpriser | Låne Penger | Sähkövertailu | Beste Eiendomsmegler 2017 | Forsikringer | Boligalarm | Sammenlign Kredittkort | Beste Mobilabonnement 2017
FAQ’s 2017-09-12T15:14:26+00:00
Q: What are the differences between Higher Certificates and National Certificates?

A higher certificate is a qualification that is registered on the Higher Education Qualifications Sub-Framework at level 5 and quality assured by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
A national certificate is a qualification that is registered on the Occupational Qualifications Sub Framework at level 5, and quality assured by the Quality Council for Trade and Occupations (QCTO).
Because a national certificate and a higher certificate are both registered at level 5, the level of knowledge is the same but it is likely that a higher certificate programme will emphasise conceptual knowledge with applied knowledge and skills whereas a national certificate programme is likely to emphasise practical and work-based knowledge. In other words, the knowledge level is the same but the ratios of theory, applied theory and work-based skills are different.

Q: What is the difference between studying at an eta College campus versus eta Connect (online)?

Each of these two methods of study are equally rewarding but very different. eta College campus studies provides a traditional student experience with daily classes, a lecturer and on-site practical activities. Campus students are generally straight out of school and prefer the interaction with fellow students and the campus vibe.
eta College Online studies provides an equally stimulating but very different learning environment. These students are generally a little older, and enjoy studying in their own environment. Although this is a completely online learning experience, these students still have contact with a tutor and also with fellow students through our online community.

Q: How long are the sports courses?

CHE courses
If you register for a diploma, it will take you 3 years to complete. A higher and advanced certificate takes one year to complete each.
 If you register for a diploma, it will take you 2 years to complete. A certificate takes one year to complete.

Q: What are the admission requirements for higher certificates, level 5?

The minimum admission requirement for the higher certificate is the national senior certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi with an elementary achievement, rating code 2, 30-39% or better.
A minimum pass of 40% each for three of the selected Grade 12 subjects (one of these subjects must be English) and a minimum pass of 30% each for three of the selected Grade 12 subjects
The following subjects are recommended for coaching science and fitness:
Life Sciences / Physical Sciences, Information technology, Consumer studies, Mathematics literacy or mathematics, English
The following subjects are recommended for sport, recreation and fitness management:
Accounting, Business Studies, Economics, Consumer studies, Information technology, Mathematics literacy or mathematics, English

Q: What are the admission requirements for advanced certificates, level 6?

Admission to programmes for Advanced Certificates at level 6 is based on the previous Higher Certificate or National Certificate achieved by the applicant.

Q: What are the admission requirements for diploma, level 6?

The minimum entrance requirements for diploma study is a National Senior Certificate (NSC) with a moderate Achievement, rating code 3, 40-49% or better in four recognised National Senior Certificate subjects. Applicants are selected on the basis of their achievement of the recommended subjects.
The following subjects are recommended for sport, and recreation management:
Accounting, Business Studies, Economics, Consumer studies, Information technology, Mathematics literacy or mathematics, English

Q: What field work and practical hours required?

All students are required to complete practical hours that will assist them in achieving competence within their chosen career path or qualification. Practical hours happen after class times. Practical hours are an excellent way of learning on the job and you will reap great rewards from them.
The diploma in Sport and Recreation Management includes an internship in the third year. Placement is organised by your eta campus.

Q: How big are the classes?

Our class size is an average of 30 students. Lectures can mean more students but when facilitation is taking place, the group size is less with fewer students in the group.

Q: How am I examined or assessed?

Students are assessed through different methods according to the criteria that they need to achieve. Assessment is explained in the eta study guide. Tasks can include knowledge tests, assignments, projects and demonstrations.

Q: What accreditation & recognition do your learning programmes have?

eta is registered with Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) as a private higher education institution. eta higher education programmes are accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE). eta’s occupationally based programmes are accredited by CATHSSETA (Culture, Arts, Tourism, Hospitality and Sport Education and Training Authority) who are mandated by the Quality Council for Trade & Occupations (QCTO) to quality assure providers in the sport sector.

Q: What work opportunities are available once I have completed my studies?

Currently, there are more jobs on offer in the sport, recreation and fitness sector than there are qualified employees so an eta qualification ensures that you are ready for work once you are qualified.

Q: Where and when do I attend classes?

If you are on campus, you will attend classes every day. Learning time is spent in the classroom and out in the field, in the gym or at an event. Tutorials are included along with fitness and sport activities and work-based skills sessions.

Q: What material or books do I need for my studies?

When you register for your eta course you order your academic pack, which will consist of all the things you need for your studies and to attend classes. You receive an eta learning resource, activity book, and log book for logging practical work-based hours. Your eta clothing includes eta t-shirts, shorts, tracksuit pants, cap and bag. The clothing is included to ensure that you look professional when studying with us and when going out into the field with your practical learning. Packs are available at the beginning of each year.

Q: Do I have to wear a uniform?

As part of your eta pack you receive your eta clothing to wear on campus and during your field work. This consists of one eta top, tee-shirts, shorts, eta bag, one cap and a pair of track suit pants.

Q: How do I know how my studies are going?

There are assessment preparation sessions, as well as assessment review sessions. There is formative assessment with feedback provided to students to ensure they know how they are doing with their learning. Summative assessment consists of continuous assessment each term and final assessments at the end of each semester. A comprehensive assessment report is provided midyear and end of year and a final transcript of results is given to students at the end of their programme.

Q: How do I apply for a bursary at eta college?

In order to submit a bursary application, you need to have completed an eta College registration (you may have to pay a course pack fee)
Please note:
    •    Bursaries are applicable to full time courses only and not part time or short/ specialisation courses
    •    They are also reserved for SA citizens only
    •    The closing date for bursary applications is February in the year of study
    •    Application forms can be collected from the campus of choice