NATIONAL DIPLOMA IN FITNESS
ADVANCED CERTIFICATE FITNESS
ADVANCED CERTIFICATE FITNESS
DIPLOMA IN SPORT AND EXERCISE
HIGHER CERTIFICATE IN FITNESS
"A Passion, A Career, A way of Life."
- Deposit R5 000
- Payment due by the end of March 2018
You are able to design, manage and monitor exercise programmes for each special population group (pregnancy, children and youth and older adults) who want to enhance their health and improve their fitness. Additionally, because lifestyle diseases are increasing in their prevalence across all spectra of the population, you will also learn about the chronic diseases of lifestyle so that you can assist clients in reducing their disease risk, promote their health and enhance their fitness, while working within your professional scope of practice. In the context of special populations, once qualified, you are able to screen, assess and fitness test special population groups. You will also be able to implement safe and effective exercise programmes for special population groups. Additionally, you will be able to provide advice and support in terms of health, lifestyle and exercise management to special population groups.
This is a national qualification registered with the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
The Fitness Diploma (Exercise Specialist) learning programme provides a good balance of theory and practice to enable graduates to work as personal trainers and exercise specialist trainers whose clientele are the apparently healthy special populations’ group. This group includes pregnant clients, children and adolescents as well older adults and overweight clients. Graduates are able to work in the health and fitness industry nationally and internationally. The programme ensures that students have sufficient field- based experiential learning to achieve their qualification. Through the eta process of personalised teaching and exposure to plenty of physical activity and sport, students are able to successfully achieve their assessment criteria.
• Design, implement and manage a physical activity programme for apparently healthy individuals or groups and apparently healthy special population groups (Pregnant women, children, youth and older adults).
• Demonstrate knowledge of the environment and the context in which physical activity takes place.
• Conduct and interpret pre-participation screening for physical readiness.
• Assess, evaluate and monitor health related fitness components.
• Feedback and referrals as it relates to physical activity.
• Design and demonstrate exercise programmes.
• Motivate and support participants in making activity related and wellness decisions.
• Demonstrate entrepreneurial, administration and business skills as well as the ability
to incorporate IT technology.
• Demonstrate the ability to discern the quality and validity of research information.
• Manage, project and conduct oneself in a professional manner.
Module 1: Principles Of Research (PRRE)
Module 2: Values, Ethics And Professional Conduct (VACO)
Module 3: Kinesiology (KINE)
Module 4: Exercise Science (EXSC)
Module 5: Growth And Development (GROW)
Module 6: Assessment And Testing (ASTE)
Module 7: Exercise Programme Design And Implementation (EXIM)
Module 8: Instructing Exercise (INEX)
Module 9: Nutrition And Wellness (NUWE)
Module 10: Special Needs In Fitness (SNFI)
Module 11: Health And Safety In Fitness (HSFI)
Module 12: Business Management In Fitness (BMFI)
Course modules (2nd year):
Module 1: Personal Growth (PEGR)
Module 2: Lifestyle Coaching (LICO)
Module 3: Anatomy and biomechanics for Special Populations (ANBI)
Module 4: Exercise Science for Special Populations (EXPH)
Module 5: Assessment for Special Populations (ASSP)
Module 6: Nutrition for Special Populations (NUSP)
Module 7: Exercise Programme Design For Pregnancy (EXDP)
Module 8: Exercise Programme Design For Children/ Youth (EXDC)
Module 9: Exercise Programme Design For Older Adults (EXDO)
Module 10:Chronic Diseases Of Lifestyle And Common Injuries (CHIN)
Module 11: Public Speaking (PUSP)
You will need to have a grade 12 school leaving certificate or an equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification.
Corporate Wellness consultant
Physical education teacher